Nice viewIt was about 15 months before I realised I had a nice view where I work. Until last week it was obscured by a net curtain.
I don't know what made me do it, but one day I pulled the curtain aside to watch the birds fighting over the spoils to be had from these trees.
Anyway... the screenwriting continues. Or rather, the note-writing does. I'm writing lots of notes on myself at the moment, like:
- D'oh! You've set something up without paying it off... pay it off or take it out!
- Needs subplots ... what's already there in seed form?
- How do the relationships between each character change?
News of note:
- Found a quicker way to get a super-fast top up on movie news: Cinematical's video podcast. Not sure how to get the podcast from the site; but just go into the iTunes store and search for "Cinematical" and you'll be right.
- Actually today's news wasn't that new: Catholic request for da Vinci disclaimer, Apocalypto release delayed .. actually, this bit was new: mi:3 might be great.
- Vodafone NZ will be streaming live news on cellphones. Ups the stakes; not sure how many will want to tune in.
- NY Screenwriter agrees with Hemingway that "all first drafts are shit". Oh great.
- From the "this makes sense department", Lost looks set to become a global interactive experience.
- Romantic comedy dept: Numb is coming. Matthew Perry starring as a screenwriter! Sounds a goodie.
- Another book by Witi Ihimaera (Whale Rider) is to be made into a movie. Screenplay by playwright Hone Kouka.