Wednesday, April 19, 2006

HealthyEye! (Mostly)

That's better! My huge swollen left eye has reduced to manageable proportions. Ah the relief.

Today's the first day of going through my printed-out screenplay with a red pen and pick, pick, picking.

I suspect what I'll need to inject into the story are subplots. Trouble is, I've heard so many commentaries on films where they had like 3 subplots and in the end had to cut them out.

However, nothing ventured, nothing gained. I need to build up some mental endurance, and get out of the short story mentality.

I'm also going to try something James Mangold said he does for every film, and that is to draw a diagram with all the characters on it, and map out the relationships between each and every character. Apparently Alexander Mackendrick taught him that, one of many very thorough things he learnt from that great director who was also a great writer.

I learnt all of that through the Creative Screenwriting podcasts. Gotta love 'em!

---
News of note:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home