Sunday, July 02, 2006

Long time, no...!

Sorry folks for the long delay ... I've been working like a dog (kind of) and adjusting to becoming a Mac user.

That's right! I'm a true creative professional now, and to prove it I've grown a goatee.

Seriously.

It was Marie's idea, but it's growing on me.

Literally!!

Since my last post, I've:
  • Registered my script, The Last Gribblehickey, with WGA
  • Sent it out to several other writers
  • Got some really, really great feedback!
The feedback has been overwhelmingly good. Sure, people have made suggestions of where the story seems too rushed or too slow, but the premise - that crucially important part of a selling story - is unanimously praised by the half-dozen or so people who I've run it past.

Needless to say, I'm very happy about that.

If you're reading this and you're a screenwriter, I really encourage you to get onto Skip Press' Hollywood Writers YahooGroup. It's a priceless resource where writers share tales, mull over ideas and yes - critique each other's scripts! Much recommended.

I've also been watching a lot of movies in between working and getting this great feedback. More on those in separate posts later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home