Monday, October 03, 2005

Another excerpt

CROMBIE: I don't know what to say. I thought we'd been through this?

JOHN: I know. I'm sorry, it was a mistake, it won't happen again.

(pause)

CROMBIE: This isn't school, you know! I'm not going to put you on detention or give you the strap. I can't. But you're up against reality. Your actions have put you at risk. And also my agents. They're supposed to be looking after you. Help them out a bit, can you!?

JOHN: I know. I'm trying.

CROMBIE: What's your name?

JOHN: (pause) James... Gundry.

CROMBIE: You had to think about it! What's your name?

JOHN: James Gundry!

CROMBIE: What do you do for a living?

JOHN: I'm an architect-

CROMBIE: -Where do you work?

JOHN: -Ponsonby.

(pause)

CROMBIE: You used to work in Ponsonby. But you don't work in this town any more Mr... Gundry... because you went and shot your mouth off, putting yourself and others at risk. Because of your actions, Mr. Gundry, we're going to have to relocate you.

Happy, Mr Gundry?

(walks off)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home