News RoundupThought it might help me in my copious news reading if I compiled the links here, in some sort of subject classification. And if anyone else reads this, all the better!
- The 3-day rule at Indie Features 06 - nothing technologically groundbreaking, but good to know these indies are actively thinking about marketing and distribution.
- Terry Gilliam is totally cool with piracy ... title says it all, story says why.
- A circular model of gameplay - interesting attempt to define the theory part of game development. The latent academic in me coming out!
- Has the video game industry lost it's mojo?
- We've known Indiana Jones IV has been on it's way for a while; now Jurassic Park IV is announced. Where did all the original ideas go? Mind you, it's proof that the underlying ideas are workable, or at least, bankable.
- Meanwhile, sequels also announced for Batman Begins and Superman Returns. What are they calling them? Batman Continues and Superman Returns Again?
- Will Smith calls for Hollywood-Bollywood links. That's a good idea!
- Kidman and Crowe to be in big Aussie blockbuster - BBC, Sydney Morning Herald.
- I'd love to see Banana in a Nutshell and Hidden before their season runs out, but fear time won't allow.. grr! Why only a week, Rialto? Unlikely these films will ever be released on DVD.
- Whale Rider casting director Di Rowan moves to a directing job with Silverscreen.
- The lovely and talented Alison Mau has been inexplicably shafted by Prime TV's new owner, Sky TV. David Farrar, NZ Herald.
- Ad-supported TV is going to die one day, and KFC in the states is trying to think of ways to get people to watch their ads.
- The world's number one podcast is going to be back - but this time you gotta pay for it.
- Cool video camera. I want one!