Monday, February 13, 2006

Gratuitous Flesh

Doves of War, episode 2 aired on Thursday. Still a good story, and good use of suspense (ie I want to see what happens next ep), but some stuff I felt was just chucked in to get young male viewers watching.

I'm talking about boobs. Not many (only two, in fact), but there was a scene in a strip club where you can just tell the director and/or camera guy was just going crazy on the lingering shots of pole dancers, etc.

Sure, it was relevant to the story. But was it necessary?

Like any red-blooded male, I can't help but like the sight of the female body. But I don't want to have it flashed in front of me. I wouldn't go to a strip club in real life; I don't want to be taken to one on TV.

I sound like a real Grinch here, but this is what I feel. I suspect I'm not the only one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home