Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Brewer's Phrase & Fable

Yes! I've got the latest Brewer's Dictionary of Phrase and Fable. Now I will know how everything came about.

Well, you'd think so anyway. It's a book the size of a small planet, and is currently emitting a strong gravity field attracting everything else in our lounge room. Kind of.

It's a great book for a writer to have. I have it on the shelf right next to "The Book Of Beginnings", which covers similar ground, only different.

I'm not actually sure when I'll need it writing (you never know!) but it sure is great to be able to tell Marie where "Bob's your uncle" actually came from (I looked it up, but she was asleep and then I forgot).

I continue to be delinquent with my "school". I read almost two chapters of Story yesterday, which were great. Detailed notes to come. Sorry!

2 Comments:

At December 10, 2005 8:26 am, Blogger TheNeedyMother said...

Simon, RYC on Sandra's blog, just wanted to say HI! Have heard so much about you. Thanks for looking out for our SV :) Great posts here! Proud student of film (UCLA School of Theatre, Film, & Television) and the DIY film school too :)

 
At December 10, 2005 8:55 am, Blogger Simon said...

Hey thanks Mishabomb! Great to hear from you :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home