Thursday, January 26, 2006

I love learning

I experienced a little taste of my future today - day 1 of a 2-day screenwriting course at Unitec. Well, it's more of a workshop. There were six of us aspiring scribes, from a wide range of ages and backgrounds, but most of us had something to do with advertising.

I've discovered the way I learn: you pile a whole lot of information in my head with no discernable result. Then suddenly, when it seems it is just a bottomless pit, I understand.

Today's course had many things I already knew. But they were sitting in silos, waiting to be connected. The really valuable part about today was the connecting threads that made fact A and fact B make sense together!

I'm really tired, but looking forward to more - tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home