Friday, March 31, 2006

Write every day

I'm reading a fantastic book that I got last year (thanks to Adam's recommendation) called Breakfast with Sharks. It's all about the business side of screenwriting, and it's perfect for me at the moment.

Only trouble is, it keeps saying "write every day". And when do I read it? Before I go to sleep. After a day where I haven't worked on the script. Smack on hand! Naughty!

Every day, write. Seems simple enough! But somehow I'm missing days and then having marathons. As far as my 10 pages a week thing, I'm on track, but imagine what I could do if I stuck to the discipline.

So, I'm going to make a commitment to blog every day about how I'm going with the writing. So if you see this blog on a weekday, and there's no post for that day, email me, will ya?

2 Comments:

At April 01, 2006 12:08 pm, Blogger Sandra Vahtel said...

that's what my writing prof says, too, to write everyday, even fifteen minutes...

Hi Simon!

 
At April 02, 2006 5:55 pm, Blogger Simon said...

Hi Sandra!

Fifteen minutes is probably long enough to do some good writing, too. I had a longer stretch in my mind, which is why I probably wasn't getting around to it. It's just getting started that's the tough part.

Thanks, good advice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home